Cliff House beach, San Francisco, USA

Even though it's summer, San Francisco is still quite chilly.

While I was studying at SFSU, Cliff House was one of my favorite dating and getaway places. 
This Saturday, C and I came back here again.

Back then, almost every other day, my BFF and I went to Louis'( Louis' diner sits on the cliffs next to the Cliff House overlooking the beautiful Pacific ocean).

Just like the old days, I ordered a hot apple pie with a big scoop of ice cream, and sit in the booth with the best view of the ocean. This place hasn't changed a bit. It was amazing! All the great memories came rushing back to me.  C and I just couldn't stop laughing.

Also, there is a tunnel with a hole in the middle where the ocean waves come crashing in.  It's the tradition that C always carries me through the tunnel.  I hope this tradition goes on 100 years. :)

Do you want to see what the pool looked like 100 years ago or the bathing suit that the women wore 100 years ago?  Click here --  http://www.cliffhouse.com/
Sutro Baths (a huge swimming pool) was built by the ocean way back in year 1894. It was burned down by a fire. )  Even today, you still can see the ruins and the old foundation left on the beach.   C and I climbed up and down to burn the calories.
Cliff house totally is a part of San Francisco history.
No doubt, it was also a part of my San Francisco memory. :)

1 comment:

  1. Hey Momo! I remember going there with my friend M and her Japanese friend S. ;-) We also ate hot apple pie! :-D

    ReplyDelete