Sand Dollar Beach, California -- a "RICH" beach experience ever!

Before I visited this beach I had only seen a live sand dollar once at the beach in Florida.  Actually, I accidentally stepped on it while it was still moving. Yes! As you can imagine, I was in utter shock when I saw the difference between the dead and living sand dollars.
Sand Dollar Beach is a very friendly beach.  There was a life guard on duty and the people there seemed to be having a good time.  Some fire rings were on the beach as well. This mile-long sand beach was fairly clean and spacious.  

The weather was hot, C and I couldn't wait to touch the water.  There, we saw the first dead half broken sand dollar.  ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v530gquJNS0 )  C and I kept walking along the beach and saw at least forty some broken ones with purple, gray or white colors.

Unexpectedly, a nice couple who was collecting shells gave us five perfect sand dollars.  C and I just couldn't believe what we saw and kept taking pictures! ha..ha. :)  Thanks to the couple who made C and me feel very RICH and special!!! 

There are many sand dollar beaches in the US and other countries.   You may want to try googling it.   However, I feel so lucky to have discovered this place.

1 comment: