Carmel-by-the sea, California --- A white sand beach in California

You know I have a huge crush on the white sand beach. If you are not familiar with my blog, please check my old post -- Anna Maria Island, Florida -- White sand beach is invincible and purely divine! 
I feel very lucky; I can see the white sand beach in California.   Also, Carmel beach has been ranked in the top two romantic beaches in the U.S. and nearby -- http://www.hotels-and-discounts.com/Travel_Resources/Guide_
Resource2_7.htm

It was a July 4th long weekend, C and I drove two hours to go to Carmel.   Even though San Jose was in the high nineties that day, the temperature of  Carmel beach was 20 degree cooler.  As I expected (duh..it was the 4th of July), a lot of people there. Ha.ha. Oops, not too romantic or tranquil for me and C at all.
Carmel-by-the-sea had a lot of things to offer... downtown was full of great and high-end stores. I actually like the view and the buildings a lot, they were full of character. The atmosphere reminded me a little of Australia's Manly Beach. No doubt, this was the mecca for tourists, I wished I had been at this beach on a weekday, rather than on national holidays.  

There was a big sign that said "no swimming." However, some people just ignored it and went surfing anyway. C and I enjoyed watching all kinds of dogs running on the beach. Unexpectedly, there were two handsome husky dogs walking slowly with their owner on the beach.  They had won our hearts. Carmel beach is a very vibrant beach. I even saw a family was cooking noodles in a small camping tent. Amazing! ha.ha.

Have to admit that even the quality of the white sand here was good, BUT not nearly as good as white sand at Gulf in Florida. Anyway, after this trip, what I realized is that I think it's time for me to book a flight again.
Thinking out loud, Greece, Thailand or Spain! YEAH! I should plan for another trip and save money from now on! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment